CHURCHILL–NOBODY SAID IT BETTER
Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: All know how to die: but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.
AS WELL CHURCHILL SAID:
1. One man with conviction will overwhelm a hundred who have only opinions.
2. The main vice of capitalism is the uneven distribution of prosperity. The main vice of socialism is the uneven distribution of misery.
3. However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.
4. You don`t make the poor richer by making the rich poorer.
5. A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
6. Life can either be accepted or changed. If it is not accepted, it must be changed. If it cannot be changed , then it must be accepted.
7. We contend that for a nation to try and tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
8. I`d rather argue against a hundred idiots than have one agree with me.
9. Islam is more dangerous in a man than rabies in a dog.
10. In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet.
11. Life is fraught with opportunities to keep your mouth shut.
12. An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
13. Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
14. You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.
15. Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision.
16. A nation that forgets its past has no future.
17. The POSITIVE THINKER sees the invisible, feels the INTANGIBLE, and achieves the IMPOSSIBLE.
18. If you`re not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you`re not a conservative at forty, you have no brains.
19. To each there comes in their lifetime a special moment when they are figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered a chance to do a very special thing, unique to them and fitted to their talents. What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for that which could have been their finest hour.