Wise words with a Jewish history
1.Too much modesty is half-conceit.
2. Ease destroys bravery, troubles–create strength.
3. A half-truth is a whole lie
4. Knowledge is a hoard from which nothing can be lost.
5. Let the wise be your guide, but not your god.
6. Our knowledge often gets in the way of our understanding.
7. The righteous of any faith will be rewarded in the world to come.
8. The height of the intellect is to distinguish between the real and the impossible , and submission to what is beyond one`s power.
9. A person should be more concerned with spiritual than with material matters, but another person`s material welfare is his own spiritual concern.
10. Truth is the light by which to find your way out of darkness.
11. Life offers its wisdom generously. Everything teaches. Not everyone learns.
12. There is always hope for the man who is capable of being ashamed.
13. In seeking wisdom thou art wise, in imagining that thou has attained it, thou art a fool.
14. He who asks mercy for another while he himself is in the same need, will be answered first.
15. You are not as good as you think, and the world is not as bad as you think. Get to know yourself better, and you will get to know the world better.
16. I am delighted when I hear a wise person speak, but even more appreciative when a foolish person remains silent.
17. The “naked truth” is a familiar expression. In reality, truth is always naked, because if it is dressed up, it is no longer truth.. That is probably why so many people avoid the truth. They are embarrassed by its nudity.
18. A child had a nightmare in which he envisioned his family in a small boat on a stormy sea, and he was only able to save either his father or mother., but not both. His solution was to wake up. Even in real life, some problems which present unbearable stresses must go away if we just wake up.
19 It requires wisdom to understand wise words. The music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
20. Be the master of your will and the slave of your conscience.
21. Be certain to keep a promise made to a child, otherwise you are instilling within him, a propensity to lie at an early impressionable age.
22. Only a few of those who rule over others can rule over themselves.
23. If a person does not recognize their own worth, how can they recognize the worth of others.
24 Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
25. In Judaism, to be without questions, is not a sign of faith, but a lack of depth.
26. The wise man, even when he holds his tongue, says more than the fool when he speaks.
27. When a father gives to his son, both laugh. When a son gives to his father, both cry.
28. The bird that set you free may be caught again, but a word that escapes your lips will not return.
29. Some mistake an act of wilfulness, for an act of will.
30. What is ‘chutzpah” Going to a psychiatrist because of a split personality and asking for a group rate.
31 When all men think alike, no one thinks very much.
32. A contract is valid only for honest men.
33. A man may hide himself from his enemies, but not from his friends.
34. Being great does not excuse one from being good
35. Be careful of two men and guard yourself against them; the friend of your enemy and the enemy of your friend
36. It is easier to fight for one`s principles than to live up to them.
37. The man surrounded by dwarfs, looks like a giant.
38. Letting go is not the same as giving up
39. Love blinds us to faults, hatred to virtues
40. When something important is going on, silence is a lie.
41. The one prediction that never comes true, You`ll thank me for telling you this.
42. Lust is what keeps you wanting to have sex even when you have no desire to be with each other. Love is what makes you want to be with each other, even when you have no desire for sex.
43. Life is like a grindstone, whether it grinds you down or polishes you up, depends on what you are made of.
To make a comment scroll up to TOPICS. Just above topics is the line CONTACT ME . Hit it and say what you want.